Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
The space roguelike series that started it all continues!
Note: Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars has been updated to version 1.1.2. [February 25, 2016]
Sea of Stars is a starship roguelike, a fully randomized sandbox adventure game of interstellar exploration and combat. Travel from star to star, discover strange artifacts and lifeforms, upgrade your ship with new systems and weapons, build up your flotilla with allies and mercenaries, and take on a variety of alien menaces.
- Dozens and dozens (and dozens) of unique aliens, starships, artifacts, ship systems, characters, places, weapons, lifeforms, events and special "save the galaxy quests".
- Thoughtful randomization assures a different experience each time the game is played.
- Hybrid turn-based starfield movement; pausable real time combat.
- Quick to pick up, easy to play yet challenging to master.
- Games are brisk yet full of details to ponder.
- Great for kids!
- A range of difficulty options.
- Full combat simulator mode so you can play with all of the starships, starship systems, weapons, and more right away. Nothing to unlock!
- With the help of a small cadre of green, frog-like illustrators from Mizar V, Sea of Stars continues the Digital Eel tradition of featuring whimsical game art.
- Fully orchestrated soundtrack by UK composer Edwin Sykes. Soundscaping and incidental music by The Mystery Kitchen.
- Mod-friendly. (More on this soon.)
Please note that Sea of Stars was funded solely by the indie game community.
Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars Original Computer Game Soundtrack (listen online free or purchase and download): https://nightmareband.bandcamp.com/album/infinite-...
Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/infinitespace3
Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars web page: http://www.infinitespacegames.com/seaofstars/
If you like Sea of Stars, you'll surely enjoy its precursor, Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space. It's an IGF award winner, it's one of the games that inspired FTL and you can get it DRM free from itch.io here.
DRM-free Win version users can download a v1.x.0-v1.1.2 patch here:
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: